Sunday, October 5, 2008

More Pics and a Quick Update...

We are coming down to our last few weeks here in Japan. In case you don't already know, we are flying home on Monday, October 27! We definitely have mixed feelings about this as we don't want to break away from the relationships we have formed here over the past year and a half, but we are ready to come home to see family and friends!

I recently got accepted for an apprenticeship through KAIROS, a church planting organization! I will be an apprentice (at least for the next year) with Agape Church of Christ in Portland, OR. We were planning on helping the church in Portland anyway, but this gives us 60% of the funding we needed to raise for this apprenticeship. We are still looking for an additional $500 a month if you would be interested in supporting us for this apprenticeship.

Caeden is continuing to do really well! We go to the doctor for his last checkup here on Saturday. I added some random pictures and a few videos of Caeden in the slide show below. You can just click on the picture if you want to see a bigger version of it. Again, after you click on a photo, you can view a full screen slide show by clicking the "slideshow" button in the upper left corner of the page.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, great slide show! Roxanna, Sophie and I just watched it together and Sophie would like to where her niece's baby is. Can't wait to see you all!

~Naomi

Campbell Family said...

Hi, Marc and Elissa -- I just found your blog, and reading it was like a trip down memory lane... Rusty and I used the same midwife when we had our first baby in Japan (in 2006), and we ended up transferring to Suzuki-sensei's hospital as well. We are now pregnant with our second, and I wish every day that I could go back to Japan to have this baby!

Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed your time in Japan, and we will be praying for you through all of your transitioning these next few months. Congratulations on the apprenticeship with Kairos. I hope that will be a great experience for you. We are on a mission team to go to Angola with Stan Granberg's daughter, Katie and her husband Danny and are in the process of seeking support and fundraising now.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, "hi," and congratulations... your little guy is truly precious.

Laura Campbell

Maggie Beachy said...

Congratulations Marc and Elissa! I was surfing this morning and happened on your blog by "accident"--God! I don't think you'd remember me but I went to Columbia HS with Denine. You look so much like your mom, I can't believe it--just like the pic I have of your parents holding you!

If you wouldn't mind, please let Denine know that I've had her on my heart for a long time and miss her so much. I will pray for God's covering over all of you and your new ministry with Agape as well. Caeden is such a treasure--I'm so happy for you both!

p.s. It must have been an incredible experience to go to Japan and be a part of that culture for a 1 1/2 years--what an opportunity!