Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back to the house!!!

We are officially back to house and are trying to get settled with our new little friend. We have been very fortunate so far because Caeden has been sleeping pretty well at night (even giving us a 5-6 hour block in the night)! Today, Caeden and I were having a staring contest and then he fell asleep in my lap (so I guess that means I won...). It is sooooooo great being a father. Caeden's interests so far are eating, sleeping, and making one mean dirty diaper.

Elissa is continuing to heal, but is definitely still feeling sore. I hope that she starts to feel better soon because doing anything is difficult, including sitting while feeding (which seems to happen a LOT).  We go back to the doctor on Thursday so that mom and baby can get a checkup. I think they are going to do some blood tests on Caeden then.

As soon as Elissa and Caeden are feeling better and up to the task we will head down to Tokyo to the U.S. embassy. There, we have to apply for Caeden's passport, birth certificate, and social security card. Evidently, the birth certificate that you get in the hospital doesn't fly in the states. You have to get the birth certificate from the hospital here stamped by the city, and then give it to the embassy. It should be fun first family adventure!

Both grandmas head back home on Wednesday. I am sure they don't want to leave, but we won't be too far behind. Below are some more pictures of the cute little fella known as Caeden.



I added this picture last time too... I guess I like it (I actually don't know how to take it off)











1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

HOORAY! Josh and I have been in Europe so we haven't been able to congratulate you yet...so congratulations!!!!!!! You guys have been in our prayers and we are so happy everyone is healthy and well. Can't wait to meet the little guy!